So you think you can’t afford to study abroad? Let us prove you wrong!

We will help you navigate the process of funding your program. Most study abroad students are able to save money on the cost of their college degree.


It is possible to use federal student aid to support your international program in conjunction with your degree requirements at the University of Bridgeport.  Institutional aid, such as merit scholarships and tuition remission, cannot be applied to international programs. The Education Abroad Resource Center (EARC) will help you gather and complete the required forms needed in the Financial Aid office. This will allow you to better understand what funds are available to help with your international program.

Study Abroad Bridge Advance Program

This program was designed to provide short-term support for students intending to participate in a study abroad program that was approved in accordance with their degree requirements at the University of Bridgeport. The Study Abroad Bridge Advance Program provides advanced student financial aid funding that can be used to cover supplemental program expenses which may include items such as plane tickets, program deposits, passports, student visas or other related expenses. Download the Study Abroad Bridge Advance (PDF) Application to learn more about program eligibility and how to apply.

Grants and Scholarships

  • The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program
    The aim is to broaden the student population that studies abroad by supporting undergraduates who might otherwise not participate due to financial constraints. Applicants must be receiving a federal Pell grant.
  • The Critical Language Scholarship
    A program of the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program offers intensive summer language training in fourteen critical foreign languages at institutes around the globe. Applicants must be a United States citizen. 
  • Fulbright Scholars
    There are a number of scholarships and opportunities available. Please refer to their website for more information.
  • The Fund for Education Abroad
    Various scholarships designed for U.S. citizens and current residents who plan to study abroad for at least four weeks. The organization was established to reduce financial restrictions through grants and scholarships.
  • Boren Awards for International Studies
    Opportunities for U.S. undergraduate students to study in world regions critical to U.S. interests.


Some helpful search engines to look for more funding options:


  • Education Abroad Resource Center

  • Carlson Hall, Rooms 203-205
    303 University Avenue
    Bridgeport, CT 06604

  • (203) 576-2450


Like UB on Facebook @ubridgeport Watch UB on Youtube Follow UB on Twitter @ubridgeport Follow UB on Instagram @ubridgeport


You are viewing the old version of UB website. Click here to switch to theNew Version!