One of UB’s primary objectives is to establish more formal Industry Advisory Boards (IABs) at the School levels (Business, Engineering, etc.) and at the Graduate Studies and Research Division level. The intent is to expand UB’s outreach initiatives and activities with local and regional community, industry, and government organizations and leaders.
The purpose of the IABs is to have external industry, government, and regional community members provide independent external advice, counsel, and support to the Graduate Studies and Research Division, select UB schools and programs, and help the division and schools fulfill their missions and objectives.
- Provide external advice and counsel to the Graduate Studies and Research Division, and select schools on their respective programs and initiatives, from an industry and market perspective.
- Help shape the direction of education by suggesting ideas for new courses, degree and certificate programs, and interdisciplinary initiatives.
- Provide industry participation and validation for new degree and certificate programs as well as periodic accreditation and reaccreditation reviews by external agencies (to facilitate the review of university and specific school accreditation and licensing agency requirements).
- Support institutional and sponsored research through grants, contributions, joint collaborations, and related services.
- Hire student interns, co-ops, and graduates.
- Increase the visibility and image of UB and promote UB to potential students, employers, government agencies, businesses, and industry.
- Assist with fundraising activities and/or in-kind service activities such as equipment/hardware/software, donations, and time allocated to UB activities.
- Champion and support programs to attract potential donors, partners, and friends.
- Serve as a liaison between UB and IAB member organizations by communicating developments at the university and assisting UB to coordinate promotional events at IAB member locations.
Current IAB Members
|Company||IAB Representative||Title/ Department|
|3M Purification Inc.||Dan Tenney||Vice President, Quality|
|AGR Bodine||Mark Michael||General Manager|
|ASML||Mark Schuster||Sr. Manager|
|Boehringer Ingelheim||Anna Ransley||Director, Application Management Americas|
|Broadridge||Susan Certoma||President, Brokerage Processing and Wealth Management|
|Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology, Inc.||Don Balducci||Interim Director, Advance Manufacturing Center|
|Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology, Inc.||Robert Torrani||Director, Advanced Manufacturing Center|
|Connecticut Innovations||Mark Zhu||Investment Associate|
|Cooper Surgical||Russell Heinrich||VP of R&D|
|Crisply||Greg Fell||Chief Strategy Officer & CIO|
|Entrepreneurial Foundation||Michael Roer||President|
|eRichards Consulting, LLC||Mark Richards||CEO|
|IBM||Joseph S. (Joe) Savino||Manager, Enterprise Software Sales|
|IPC Systems||Israel Hersh||SVP, Research and Development|
|Oracle||Rajesh Bhatia||VP, Product Development|
|Pitney Bowes||Rajiv Arora||VP, Planning and Programming Office – TechCentral|
|Pitney Bowes||Arthur Parkos||Vice President, Strategic Technology & Innovation Center|
|Priceline.com||John Caine||Chief Product Officer|
|Sikorsky Aircraft||Chris Romanoff||Program Manager|
|Standard Oil||Bishad Ghimire||CIO|
|Tangoe||David Alley||SVP, HR|
|University of Bridgeport||Khaled Elleithy||Associate Dean, School of Engineering|
|University of Bridgeport||Gad Selig||Associate Dean, Business Development Director, Technology Management Program and Director, CTech Incubator|
|University of Bridgeport||Tarek Sobh||VP, Graduate Studies & Research Division & Dean, School of Engineering|
|Vodaphone||Tony Bodetti||VP & COO|
|X.L. Global Services||Ursuline Foley||Senior VP and CIO|
|Xerox Corporation||Beth Gollogly||VP Business Transformation|
|Frank Kuchinski||Product Launch Consultant|
Dr. Gad J. Selig, PMP, COP
Associate Dean, Business Development Graduate Studies and Research Division and
Director, Technology Management Graduate Programs, School of Engineering
University of Bridgeport
230 Park Ave.
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Office: (203) 576 – 4870
Fax: (203) 576 -5388