Secondary Education (M.S. or Sixth Year Certificate) - Teaching a student

Secondary Education Degree Options

If you are looking to teach students grades 7-12, we encourage you to explore our initial teacher certification program for secondary education.  You can complete the program as either an intern or a traditional student, whichever works best with your busy lifestyle.

The University of Bridgeport offers a variety of Secondary Education degree program options to pursue:

Each will prepare students who have a strong content knowledge in these areas for successful teaching careers.

As a Secondary Education candidate, you may take coursework in Bridgeport and Waterbury; however a few courses may only be offered in Bridgeport.

*If you already have a master’s degree, you can complete the program at a Sixth Year Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) level.



Want to learn more?

Request information about our career-oriented programs…

Submit Request

[ai1ec events_limit="5" cat_id="school-of-education"]
Like UB on Facebook @ubridgeport Watch UB on Youtube Follow UB on Twitter @ubridgeport Follow UB on Instagram @ubridgeport


You are viewing the old version of UB website. Click here to switch to theNew Version!