Nurses, by nature of their field, are leaders and lifelong learners. The University of Bridgeport School of Nursing (UBSN) offers an exciting opportunity for all those beginning or continuing their nursing education, as here you’ll find:
- A mission of innovation, excellence, caring, integrity, and diversity
- Experiences for inter-professional practice in a variety of healthcare settings
- An opportunity to create history at UB with Dean Carol Papp
To support one of the most in-demand professions in America’s workforce today, the University of Bridgeport School of Nursing offers a preparatory Pre-Nursing Curriculum and two (2) approved nursing programs:
Why Should UB at UB?
On the University of Bridgeport campus, nursing students will join the pioneering study and clinical work of fellow healthcare students and faculty, building on the trailblazing history of UB’s wide array of reputable and established health science schools and institutes for true interdisciplinary study and current best practice.
Here at UB, we understand the core values of caring, excellence, integrity, and diversity that epitomize the preparation of professional nurses today and over the ages. As such, our BSN programs were designed using the:
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)’s The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice
- National League for Nursing (NLN) Competencies for graduates of baccalaureate nursing programs
- Quality & Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN)
In addition, UBSN was founded in June 2015 after close collaboration with Bridgeport Hospital and complete integration of the 130-year old Bridgeport Hospital School of Nursing (BHSN) at the University of Bridgeport. The establishment of the new University of Bridgeport School of Nursing at the baccalaureate level draws from the excellent educational and clinical reputation of BHSN, as well as the enthusiasm and support of UB’s School of Nursing alumni.
If you love advocating for the health and wellness of others and have a strong desire to work collaboratively on a patient-centered healthcare team, nursing may be the right choice for you. With today’s nationwide nursing shortage, the wealth of nursing career paths and opportunities, and UB’s new School of Nursing inviting applications for its inaugural class, your time to pursue your nursing career has never been better!
Want to learn more? We invite you to:
- Click through the UBSN pages
- Feel free to reach out directly to Admissions with any questions at (203) 576-4552
- Attend a School of Nursing Open House
- Apply Now
- Request More Information
We look forward to hearing from you!
Want to learn more?
Request information about our career-oriented programs…