The purpose of the Student Success Program (SSP) is to help first-year students at the University of Bridgeport learn the skills needed to be successful in their classes.
Additionally, the program aims to get you involved in your program of interest along with the campus community. The overall goal of the Student Success Program is to help you develop a sense of community here at the University of Bridgeport and make a successful transition into your major of choice by the end of the academic year.
All students in the Pre-Majors Program at the University of Bridgeport are automatically eligible for the Student Success Program. However, any student can participate in the SSP.
Student Success Inventory
As a student in the SSP, you will complete a short interest inventory in order for a success plan to be developed.
The AAC along with other campus departments will provide a series of comprehensive workshops aimed to help you achieve success. Workshop topics include:
Academic Resource Workshops
- How to use Canvas
- How to use Student Planning
- How to give a class presentation
- When to withdraw from a class
- Registration prep
- How to determine your grade in a class
Student Success Workshops
- Time Management
- Goal Setting/Motivation
- Note Taking/Reading Strategies
- Study Skills/ Study Environment/Test Preparation and Test Taking
- Class Participation/Engagement
- Understanding your Learning Style
- Information Literacy/Research Database
- Barriers and Benefits of Technology
- Money Management
- Coping Skills to Avoid Burnout and Balance Academic-Personal Life
- Stress/Anxiety Management
Career Exploration Workshops
- Career Planning: Job Search Strategies, Informational Interviews
- Networking, Personal Branding, Social Media Profile
- Internships/Onsite Job Shadowing
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing Tips
Student Success and Engagement Plan
The advisors in the AAC will develop a Student Success and Engagement Plan that you will use to navigate through your first year.