Student Employment Process

Welcome to the University of Bridgeport’s Student Employment website. Student Employment is an opportunity for students at the University of Bridgeport to learn about the work environment while obtaining a degree.

Current students apply and search for jobs through myUB.

Please read these important policies which apply to all students working on campus. Below are the requirements that students must meet before the deadline posted on the pre-authorization every semester:


Registered Requirements: Students must be registered for 6 credit hours or more during Fall and Spring. During the Summer semester students must be registered for at least 3 credit hours or be registered for the Fall semester

  • Any student that is registered for less than 6 credit hours and will be graduating can still work on campus as long as they have a Student Employment Part-time Form sign by their academic advisor. (Students do not need this form during the summer if they are registered in the summer semester) Click here to print the form.

Students Financial Aid Verification Must be Completed: Students that receive Financial Aid and are selected for verification must complete this process to work on campus. Please visit the Financial Aid website for more information. Students required Grade Point Average must be met:Undergraduate students must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher and graduate students must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.

  • Note: Students who have changed their major and have less than the required minimum GPA cannot work on campus until they have acquired the required minimum GPA at the end of the first semester in their new program.

Students Balance Must be Covered: To cover a balance a students can make payment in full, make a payment arrangement or be covered by financial aid to be cleared to work on campus. Students who have made a payment plan must submit a copy of their payment plan with their pre-authorization form. To obtain a copy of your payment plan please visit and print out a copy of your payment plan to submit with your pre-authorization form. Students cannot have any active restrictive hold on their account

  • Common restrictive hold are: Delinquent Hold, Travel Hold, International Office Hold, Health Hold, Financial Aid Hold

International Students cannot work on campus if they are doing Curricular Practical training (CPT) Working On-Campus. All students must complete a Pre-authorization form and submit it to the Financial Aid Office to be processed.

Students CANNOT work on campus until they have completed the whole hiring process.

Students will receive an email to their UB email account once the paperwork has been processed. Students must then go to the Financial Aid office to pick up their paperwork
*Students that are cleared will have the Pre-authorization form stamped and signed by Financial Aid. Please take the form to your supervisor to fill out sections C and D. After sections A thru D are completed students must submit their approved pre-authorization form to the Student Employment Office to Lori Grasso. *Students that are denied will receive a Denied Checklist only. The denied checklist will inform the student of the reason for denial. Students that are able to satisfy the reason BEFORE the deadline, posted on the pre-authorization form and denial checklist, may gain authorization by taking their denied notice to the Financial Aid to review.

Student Workers Responsibilities

  • All students will follow the University of Bridgeport Student Employment policies and procedures.
  • All students are responsible to meet all the requirements before each semester deadline before they are cleared to work.
  • All Students will NOT work on campus unless they have been cleared, hired and given a green clearance slip.
  • All students will be responsible to track the weekly hours and not work over 15 hours unless they have a other arrangements such as Resident Assistants, Graduate Assistants, or Teaching Assistants.
  • All students will follow their schedules and will not rearrange their hours unless they receive permission from their supervisor.
  • All students will be responsible to notify their supervisor if at any time they are not able to go to work.
  • All students are responsible to be on time and dressed appropriately


No student will work more than 15 hours per week. Exceptions: Resident Assistantship, per contract.

Students are limited to $1000 per semester. Exceptions: Resident Assistantship, per contract. New students cannot start working until the first day of class Students are limited to no more than two jobs per semester however they still cannot work more than the 15 hours per week. Students should notify their supervisors if they are planning or are currently working two jobs.

Additional Paperwork for New Hires

Students that will be working for the University of Bridgeport for the first time need to verify their identity and their eligibility to work. Below is a list from the I-9 of documents students can use to verify their identity and their eligibility to work.

Lists Of Acceptable Documents

List A: Documents that Establish Both Identity and Employment Eligibility

1. U.S. Passport (unexpired or expired)
2. Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
3. An unexpired foreign passport with a temporary I-551 stamp
4. An unexpired Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766, I-688, I-688A, I-688B)
5. An unexpired foreign passport with an unexpired Arrival-Departure Record, Form I-94, bearing the same name as the passport and containing an endorsement of the alien’s nonimmigrant status, if that status authorizes the alien to work for the employer


LIST B: Documents that Establish Identity

1. Driver’s license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address
2. ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address
3. School ID card with a photograph
4. Voter’s registration card
5. U.S. Military card or draft record
6. Military dependent’s ID card
7. U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
8. Native American tribal document
9. Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government authority
10. School record or report card
11. Clinic, doctor or hospital record
12. Day-care or nursery school record


LIST C: Documents that Establish Employment Eligibility

1. U.S. Social Security card issued by the Social Security Administration (other than a card stating it is not valid for employment)
2. Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545 or Form DS-1350)
3. Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal
4. Native American tribal document
5. U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)
6. ID Card for use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)
7. Unexpired employment authorization document issued by DHS (other than those listed under List A)

I am an International Student, how do I get a Social Security Card?

Once an International Student is hired and submits the paperwork to the Lori Grasso, she will provide the student with a letter to the Social Security Administrations so the student can apply for a social security card. The student has one month to bring their new social security card to Lori Grasso for recording (Copies will not be accepted). International students can work while waiting for their social security card, however after a month if Lori Grasso has not received the student’s social security card they may not be allowed to continue working on campus.

Green Clearance Slip

When a student has completed their hiring process they are now given a Green Clearance slip from the Student Employment office. Students are not to start working until they have given their hiring supervisors their Green Clearance slip.

Type of Jobs


All Non-Federal Work-Study students can earn a maximum of $1000 per semester, if eligible. Work-study jobs are preformed on campus only. Once students reach their limit for the semester, they can no longer work, until the following semester. It is the student’s responsibility to keep track of when they will be reaching their limit. Students can earn a maximum of $1000 per semester, if eligible.

Resident Assistantship/Community Assistantship

Resident and Community Assistantship jobs are compensated with a scholarship that covers room and board. Students interested can contact the Residential Life office at or 203-576-4228

You are viewing the old version of UB website. Click here to switch to theNew Version!